WHAT IS OVERTHINKING?
Overthinking is thinking about something too much or too long.Overthinking is all about thoughts and our thinking regards anything.When we think about anything too much which may lead to mental illness like depression, anxiety, and overthinking it may lead to stress.
You can start to overthink a small problem or small thing and make it a huge monster.If you realize how powerful your thoughts are then you never think of them negatively.
Signs of Overthinking
- When you can’t stop thinking about anything.
- Thinking too much.
- Taking too much time to think.
- Thinking negative.
- You are converting small problems into huge thoughts.
- You are always thinking about embarrassing the moments.
- Your problems are self-created by your thoughts.
- Used to think and take your thoughts on another level.
“Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.”
Causes and effect of overthinking
Overthinking is caused when you are having doubts about yourself, having self-esteem issue, traumatic experiences,
and this may lead to frustration, anxiety, fear, sleeplessness, depression.
Everyone says overthinking is wrong is it true??
Nothing like that, there are two types of thoughts, they are positive or negative,if we think positively then our thoughts are on the right way but if we think negative it is harmful to us and our surroundings too.
- Blaming others
- Trying to solve problems
- Understanding the situation
Positive thoughts make your life better, and negative thoughts will make your life worst to worst.
Spend eighty percent of your time focusing on the opportunities of tomorrow rather than the problems of yesterday.”
– Brian Tracy
How to overcome this…
1)Acceptance:- Firstly you have to accept that you are overthinking.When we eat more then we say yes we overthink and we do something about it,so why not this for our overthinking mind.’when you overthink you need to stop it’.
2) Note the thoughts, any kind of thoughts running variably in your mind, just note them down.
3) Meditation – Meditation is a must, start one-minute meditation, focus on the breath in and breath out regularly increased by one minute, it works only if you do it every day.
4) Realize why you overthink – Realize that you are overthinking and overcome this as soon as possible. Just keep yourself busy with anything. Like-
– reading books
– watching videos
– start writing
– start walking and observe things
-do whatever you want — yoga, dance, painting, etc.
5) Learn something new and concentrate on new things.
If overthinking is about negative thoughts then convert them into a positive one, enthusiasm.
If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.”
– Dean Smith